A 37-year-old Milwaukee man is facing multiple charges after he pushed down an elderly woman while fleeing from a shoplifting arrest at a local supermarket last week.
According to the Greenfield police report:
Police responded to a call of an elderly customer being pushed down by a retail theft suspect at Pick 'n Save, 4279 S. 76th St., shortly after 4 p.m. May 14.
The Greenfield Fire Department then responded for the woman, who was not able to get up, and emergency personnel transported her to the hospital for treatment of her injuries.
The suspect was soon located by police in the 6800 block of West Howard Avenue, and was taken into custody for an outstanding warrant with the Department of Corrections.
He is facing two charges of retail theft and one charge of disorderly conduct and is scheduled appear in Milwaukee County District Attorney's office on May 29.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- Help-plan for Kulwicki Park going back to county with ICC endorsement
- Greenfield panel gives Good Will a cold shoulder (1)
- Animal blood bank in Greenfield needs more dog and cat donors to keep all pets healthy
- Greenfield vet clinic calls for blood donations from dogs
- Whitnall ponders: What's next? Moving on in the face of failed referendum
- Gadgets don't stay broken at this shop
- Whitnall School Board to form facilities task force
- Whitnall school referendums voted down (5)