Greenfield - "Morning's at Seven," the amusing tale of the four aging Gibb sisters living in a small town and a couple who have been courting for 12 years, will open at Greenfield High School Thursday.
The production continues on Friday and Saturday, with each performance beginning at 7 p.m., in the Performing Arts Center at the Greenfield High School, 4800 S. 60th St.
In the play, which originally opened on Broadway in 1939, Cora (played by Samantha Gager) lives with her husband, Thor (Joe McNutt), and her younger sister Aronetta (Analisa Mundell-Wachowiak).
The sisters live next door to their third sister, Ida (Corie Stingl) and her husband, Carl (Matt Clarey), and their son, Homer (Joey Krasovich). The eldest sister, Esther (Constance Scheffler) and her husband, David (Eli Haas) live a block away.
The story begins with Ida telling her son Homer that it's time for him to marry his girlfriend Myrtle (Sandra Polakowski), whom he has been dating for 12 years. After all, he's 40 and she's 39. What are they waiting for?
The Gibb sisters like the routine of their lives, but when Homer finally brings Myrtle home to "meet the family," the results are anything but routine.
Admission is $6. The show is appropriate for all ages.
For information, call (414) 281-6200, Ext. 2531 and leave a message.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield Police blotter: Feb. 11
- Greenfield city, schools on verge of shared fiber optics for Internet
- Greenfield schools to get safety improvements thanks to $150,000 grant
- Greenfield parents may get cost break on child care at schools
- Former Chapman School in Greenfield now fully demolished
- Video: Bucks' Rim Rockers rock Whitnall HS
- Greenfield park on list of parks not protected from unilateral sale
- Greenfield police take innovative approach to curbing heroin addiction (2)
- Greenfield resident robbed on his doorstep
- Greenfield police blotter: Jan. 28, 2016 (1)