Greenfield man dies six days after motorcycle accident
A 20-year-old Greenfield man died Nov. 29 from severe head injuries he sustained in a motorcycle accident on South 116th Street and West Layton Avenue six days earlier.
According to a police report:
Robert Hassler Jr. was critically injured after the front tire of his motorcycle jumped a curb and struck a road sign in the 5000 block of South 116th Street at about 1:20 p.m. Nov. 23. He was transported to Froedtert Memorial Hospital, where he later died.
According to witness reports, Hassler was driving the 2003 Buell motorcycle at a high rate of speed and did a "wheelie" shortly before his motorcycle struck the curb and he was ejected. He was not wearing a helmet.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: September 11, 2014
- Police seeking suspect in armed robbery at gas station
- Motorist allegedly points handgun at female driver in Greenfield
- Police Notes: Dec. 10
- Suspicious actions results in prowler alert in Greenfield
- Police Notes: Nov. 12
- Police Notes: Oct. 1
- Police Notes: Sept. 17
- Police Notes: Sept. 10
- Texting driver cited after 'flipping the bird' to police officers in unmarked car
- Police Notes: July 23
- Police Notes: July 16
- Police Notes: July 9
- Police Notes: June 5
- Police Notes: May 7
- Police Notes: April 9
- Police Notes: April 2
- Police Notes: March 26