A fight that erupted at a wedding reception brought both Greenfield and West Allis police to Klemmer's Banquet Center, 10401 W. Oklahoma Ave., shortly after 1 a.m. Oct. 2.
According to a police report, an employee at Klemmer's called police early Sunday morning to report a fight involving 20 to 30 people, mostly males, had broken out in the banquet hall. Due to the large number of people involved in the fight, Greenfield police advised the West Allis Police Department, which also responded.
While both police departments were en route, the fight moved from the banquet hall into the parking lot. Most of the people in the fight left prior to or as officers arrived, and those who were still on scene refused to respond to officer's commands and fled.
One female employee was pushed down by a man, who also fled the scene. She refused medical treatment.
Police were able to stop one vehicle at 99th Street and Oklahoma Avenue. The driver, a 19-year-old man, was cited for multiple traffic offenses. The incident is still under investigation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 5, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police notes: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police report: September 11, 2014
- Police seeking suspect in armed robbery at gas station
- Motorist allegedly points handgun at female driver in Greenfield
- Police Notes: Dec. 10
- Suspicious actions results in prowler alert in Greenfield
- Police Notes: Nov. 12
- Police Notes: Oct. 1
- Police Notes: Sept. 17
- Police Notes: Sept. 10
- Texting driver cited after 'flipping the bird' to police officers in unmarked car
- Police Notes: July 23
- Police Notes: July 16
- Police Notes: July 9
- Police Notes: June 5
- Police Notes: May 7
- Police Notes: April 9