The Starr Group of Greenfield has been named a finalist for the Better Business Bureau of Wisconsin Foundation 2011 Business Ethics Torch Award.
The award is a statewide competition that honors companies and charities doing business in Wisconsin that demonstrate excellence in ethical practices, service, honesty in advertising, management practices and employee training in ethical behavior. Peer recognition and reputation also play a role in determining the award winners.
The Starr Group is an independent insurance and risk reduction agency.
Awards will be based on the size of the organization. Winners will be announced at the BBB's 9th annual Torch Awards banquet Oct. 19 at the Pfister Hotel in downtown Milwaukee.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cheap I-94 route expensive for West Allis, officials say
- Groundbreaking set for Greenfield Farmers Market
- New Greenfield Farmers Market seeks helping hands
- News & Notes: May 14
- Greenfield Library may be more forgiving when items return damaged
- Police Report: May 14
- Police Notes: May 7
- News & Notes: May 7
- Greenfield Farmers Market gets some expert help for startup
- Whitnall shares WKCE profiency tumble in test results