As soon as Sept. 20, the West Allis Board of Public Works might consider an ordinance to ban bringing a concealed weapon into municipal buildings in West Allis.
The board supported the ban for the City Hall, fire stations, public works and recreation buildings and directed the city attorney to draw up a proposed ordinance. The Police Department already prohibits people from bringing weapons into police stations.
The West Allis Library Board has expressed a desire to also post the library as a place where weapons cannot be brought, but was waiting for the Board of Public Works to decide how it would handle the situation, said Library Director Michael Koszalka. The Library Board might now consider such a ban at its Sept. 28 or October meetings, he said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man says driver ran over him after angry exchange
- West Allis considers BikeShare program
- West Allis finds parking solution for businesses along detour
- Police called in Greenfield neighbor dispute about snow fence
- News & Notes: March 4
- Police Report: March 4
- Greenfield decides against parking ban near mailboxes
- Whitnall panel gets 'ideas,' and prices, for facility fixes in Greenfield and Hales Corners
- Some extra 'Grease' skids onto West Allis and Greenfield stages
- News & Notes: Feb. 25