As soon as Sept. 20, the West Allis Board of Public Works might consider an ordinance to ban bringing a concealed weapon into municipal buildings in West Allis.
The board supported the ban for the City Hall, fire stations, public works and recreation buildings and directed the city attorney to draw up a proposed ordinance. The Police Department already prohibits people from bringing weapons into police stations.
The West Allis Library Board has expressed a desire to also post the library as a place where weapons cannot be brought, but was waiting for the Board of Public Works to decide how it would handle the situation, said Library Director Michael Koszalka. The Library Board might now consider such a ban at its Sept. 28 or October meetings, he said.
- Man steals vehicle from business, returns to apply for job
- Light poles, electric wires down after traffic accident in Greenfield
- Dan Jansen Family Festival to bring old favs, new fun to Greenfield
- Greenfield man facing possible charges after threatening women with loaded gun
- High speed pursuit in Greenfield ends in crash in Milwaukee
- Greenfield Police Blotter: May 25, 2016
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Greenfield church to host prom for special needs students; Oconomowoc bank make large donation
- Sign-maker wants Highway 100 on-ramp reopened
- Greenfield Police Blotter: May 19, 2016