As soon as Sept. 20, the West Allis Board of Public Works might consider an ordinance to ban bringing a concealed weapon into municipal buildings in West Allis.
The board supported the ban for the City Hall, fire stations, public works and recreation buildings and directed the city attorney to draw up a proposed ordinance. The Police Department already prohibits people from bringing weapons into police stations.
The West Allis Library Board has expressed a desire to also post the library as a place where weapons cannot be brought, but was waiting for the Board of Public Works to decide how it would handle the situation, said Library Director Michael Koszalka. The Library Board might now consider such a ban at its Sept. 28 or October meetings, he said.
- Whitnall gets new school district superintendent
- Crash kills Milwaukee man in Greenfield
- Greenfield Police Blotter: April 28, 2016
- Parties in the sky coming to House of Harley in Greenfield
- Whitnall names Lisa Olson superintendent of schools
- Severe weather seminar scheduled in Greenfield
- Greenfield Police Blotter: April 21, 2016
- Greenfield News and Notes: April 21
- 84 South retail, multifamily development along Layton Avenue in Greenfield could add $115 million to tax base (3)
- Campus news: April 14, 2016