The new Pick 'n Save across from the Spring Mall has opened while officials continue to find a tenant for the supermarket's old location in the shopping center.
On Tuesday, the last detail - the Greenfield Common Council's approval of the transfer of a liquor license from the old store to the new one - was completed, allowing the shelves to be fully stocked.
As part of its grand opening celebration this week, Pick 'n Save donated $5,000 to the Greenfield Library Foundation.
Meanwhile, both Roundy's Supermarkets Inc., which operates the Pick 'n Save, and Spring Mall owner Centro Properties are trying to find a new anchor tenant for the old spot, which Pick 'n Save has a lease that extends into 2012.
Making it more difficult to find a tenant is that the space will have to be remodeled from its grocery store design, said Greenfield Director of Economic Development and Planning Chuck Erickson.
- Man, 21, charged in fatal accident on 76th Street in Greenfield
- Video: Greenfield going full speed to become its own internet provider
- Road construction to loom large in Greenfield's Fourth of July bash
- Early morning fire destroys garage in Greenfield, spreads to house
- A new Layton Avenue Baptist Church is rising in Greenfield through skill and faith
- Greenfield Police reports: June 16, 2016
- Fire damages garage of Greenfield home
- Charcoal grill tips over, causes fire at Greenfield home (1)
- Thieves hit Greenfield liquor store twice in a week, injure clerk
- Greenfield Police report: June 9, 2016