The new Pick 'n Save across from the Spring Mall has opened while officials continue to find a tenant for the supermarket's old location in the shopping center.
On Tuesday, the last detail - the Greenfield Common Council's approval of the transfer of a liquor license from the old store to the new one - was completed, allowing the shelves to be fully stocked.
As part of its grand opening celebration this week, Pick 'n Save donated $5,000 to the Greenfield Library Foundation.
Meanwhile, both Roundy's Supermarkets Inc., which operates the Pick 'n Save, and Spring Mall owner Centro Properties are trying to find a new anchor tenant for the old spot, which Pick 'n Save has a lease that extends into 2012.
Making it more difficult to find a tenant is that the space will have to be remodeled from its grocery store design, said Greenfield Director of Economic Development and Planning Chuck Erickson.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Veteran's tribute slated for Arlington Park
- Four days of fun, music, food coming to JansenFest in Greenfield
- 30-unit facility for elderly gets nod from Greenfield Plan Commission
- Greenfield to hold public hearing June 16 on proposed Goodwill store
- Greenfield police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- West Allis police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- West Allis veterans groups, city to honor vets with parade, ceremony
- Milwaukee Emergency Center for Animals blood bank filling up in Greenfield
- West Allis Goodwill moves into a larger store