The new Pick 'n Save across from the Spring Mall has opened while officials continue to find a tenant for the supermarket's old location in the shopping center.
On Tuesday, the last detail - the Greenfield Common Council's approval of the transfer of a liquor license from the old store to the new one - was completed, allowing the shelves to be fully stocked.
As part of its grand opening celebration this week, Pick 'n Save donated $5,000 to the Greenfield Library Foundation.
Meanwhile, both Roundy's Supermarkets Inc., which operates the Pick 'n Save, and Spring Mall owner Centro Properties are trying to find a new anchor tenant for the old spot, which Pick 'n Save has a lease that extends into 2012.
Making it more difficult to find a tenant is that the space will have to be remodeled from its grocery store design, said Greenfield Director of Economic Development and Planning Chuck Erickson.
- Man steals vehicle from business, returns to apply for job
- Light poles, electric wires down after traffic accident in Greenfield
- Dan Jansen Family Festival to bring old favs, new fun to Greenfield
- Greenfield man facing possible charges after threatening women with loaded gun
- High speed pursuit in Greenfield ends in crash in Milwaukee
- Greenfield Police Blotter: May 25, 2016
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Greenfield church to host prom for special needs students; Oconomowoc bank make large donation
- Sign-maker wants Highway 100 on-ramp reopened
- Greenfield Police Blotter: May 19, 2016