The new Pick 'n Save across from the Spring Mall has opened while officials continue to find a tenant for the supermarket's old location in the shopping center.
On Tuesday, the last detail - the Greenfield Common Council's approval of the transfer of a liquor license from the old store to the new one - was completed, allowing the shelves to be fully stocked.
As part of its grand opening celebration this week, Pick 'n Save donated $5,000 to the Greenfield Library Foundation.
Meanwhile, both Roundy's Supermarkets Inc., which operates the Pick 'n Save, and Spring Mall owner Centro Properties are trying to find a new anchor tenant for the old spot, which Pick 'n Save has a lease that extends into 2012.
Making it more difficult to find a tenant is that the space will have to be remodeled from its grocery store design, said Greenfield Director of Economic Development and Planning Chuck Erickson.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield council approves 2015 budget after no one speaks at hearing
- Video: Verlo stack of 18 mattresses declared a world record by Guinness
- Verlo customers can use beacon iPad to find products
- Low registrations cause drug, alcohol program postponement at Whitnall
- Charity maintains 'legend' of former Whitnall student
- Greenfield crosses big Loomis threshold with chosen developer
- Greenfield tries enhancing safety in 2015 city budget
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police notes: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Greenfield ups emergency preparedness