The Greenfield Police Department will offer concealed carry training to the community in anticipation of the new concealed carry law going into effect in November.
In addition to offering instructions on how to safely handle firearms, police will also discuss how to keep out of legal trouble by making the proper decisions on the use of deadly force.
"We would much rather have our residents attend the training than simply use a hunter safety class they attended 20 years ago to fulfill the training requirements," Interim Police Chief Bradley Wentlandt said in a news release.
Training will consist of six hours of classroom and practical exercises. Students will learn the legal aspects of concealed carry, weapons familiarization and ways to safely carry a firearm. The class will conclude with practical exercises using simulated weapons - real firearms that shoot a modified round with small paint cartridge.
The costs for the four Saturday sessions - Oct. 15, Oct. 24, Nov. 5 and Nov. 12 - is $100 for Greenfield residents and $150 for nonresidents. Participants must be at least 21 years old. Additional classes may be added based on demand. To register, contact the Greenfield Police Department at (414) 761-5357.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield man charged with sexual assault of a child in Tosa
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 19, 2015 issue
- Greenfield's Naked Furniture to close April 30
- Amphitheater offered for Konkel Park in Greenfield
- Greenfield Plan Commission clears Chapman project, Meijer for hearings
- Greenfield Plan Commission mixed on idea of Goodwill opening on S. 76th St.
- Stories concerning time to tick at Inspiration Studios
- Greenfield School district to offer tax credits to seniors who work for district
- Sessions offered to public on Whitnall School District referendum questions