Three Greenfield men were taken into custody for the early morning arson of a vacant home at 4253 W. Loomis Road.
Greenfield police arrested two brothers, ages 19 and 20 and a third man, aged 18.
A Greenfield officer who serves as the school resource officer at Greenfield High School was able to identify the suspects through surveillance photos taken at the scene of the arson.
All three suspects are cooperating with police in the investigation.
Detectives have also recovered evidence at the scene that links the suspects to the arson, according to police.
The 18- and 20-year-old will be transported to the Milwaukee County Jail. The 19-year-old was released.
The case against all three suspects will be presented to the Milwaukee County District Attorney on Thursday. Police will seek charges of arson against the 18- and 20-year-old and trespassing against the 19-year-old.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- $1.6 million in new taxes could come to Greenfield city and schools (1)
- Greenfield Police blotter
- Major Layton Avenue development in Greenfield rolls forward (1)
- The project SHOW has chosen to sample Greenfield as part of its statewide survey that has been going
- Whitnall School Board chooses facilities advisory committee
- Construction starts for church, community center in Greenfield
- Police release ID of man killed in gunfire
- Greenfield officer involved in shooting
- Greenfield puts restaurant, grocery health inspections online
- New Whitnall Middle School principal is familiar face