Three Greenfield men were taken into custody for the early morning arson of a vacant home at 4253 W. Loomis Road.
Greenfield police arrested two brothers, ages 19 and 20 and a third man, aged 18.
A Greenfield officer who serves as the school resource officer at Greenfield High School was able to identify the suspects through surveillance photos taken at the scene of the arson.
All three suspects are cooperating with police in the investigation.
Detectives have also recovered evidence at the scene that links the suspects to the arson, according to police.
The 18- and 20-year-old will be transported to the Milwaukee County Jail. The 19-year-old was released.
The case against all three suspects will be presented to the Milwaukee County District Attorney on Thursday. Police will seek charges of arson against the 18- and 20-year-old and trespassing against the 19-year-old.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Former Chapman School in Greenfield now fully demolished
- Video: Bucks' Rim Rockers rock Whitnall HS
- Greenfield park on list of parks not protected from unilateral sale
- Greenfield police take innovative approach to curbing heroin addiction (2)
- Greenfield resident robbed on his doorstep
- Greenfield police blotter: Jan. 28, 2016 (1)
- St. John the Evangelist School to host two open house events
- Greenfield officials clear way for condo project, Chapman development
- Greenfield approves beekeeping measure
- Greenfield development not harmed by loss of nearby medical building