Three Greenfield men were taken into custody for the early morning arson of a vacant home at 4253 W. Loomis Road.
Greenfield police arrested two brothers, ages 19 and 20 and a third man, aged 18.
A Greenfield officer who serves as the school resource officer at Greenfield High School was able to identify the suspects through surveillance photos taken at the scene of the arson.
All three suspects are cooperating with police in the investigation.
Detectives have also recovered evidence at the scene that links the suspects to the arson, according to police.
The 18- and 20-year-old will be transported to the Milwaukee County Jail. The 19-year-old was released.
The case against all three suspects will be presented to the Milwaukee County District Attorney on Thursday. Police will seek charges of arson against the 18- and 20-year-old and trespassing against the 19-year-old.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield council approves 2015 budget after no one speaks at hearing
- Video: Verlo stack of 18 mattresses declared a world record by Guinness
- Verlo customers can use beacon iPad to find products
- Low registrations cause drug, alcohol program postponement at Whitnall
- Charity maintains 'legend' of former Whitnall student
- Greenfield crosses big Loomis threshold with chosen developer
- Greenfield tries enhancing safety in 2015 city budget
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Greenfield police notes: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Greenfield ups emergency preparedness