The door is now open for outdoor dining at Boz's Sports Bar and the Gourmet Cheesecake Shoppe, neighboring businesses at 1325-1329 S. 70th St., West Allis.
The West Allis Common Council on Tuesday approved allowing the businesses to use city right-of-way for the 500 square-foot patio dining area they requested.
City blessings did not come without some dissent, however.
Alderman Gary Barczak cast the lone vote against the plan because he said it sets a bad precedent. Not only is the city allowing businesses to use city land but it is getting nothing in return, he said. However, Barczak emphasized that he likes the businesses' plan for a patio, but just objects to using city right-of-way.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall-rooted Saturday Detention has schooled itself musically
- Greenfield Common Council allows 33 homes to not hook up to city water
- Not all are happy with Greenfield's plan to build a network of sidewalks
- mw_go_police report_0724
- Vehicle stolen in Franklin used in Greenfield carjacking
- Finale on 4th was not so grand
- Greenfield schools heighten security
- Well owners will not dry up
- Greenfield police report 0630 to 0706