The door is now open for outdoor dining at Boz's Sports Bar and the Gourmet Cheesecake Shoppe, neighboring businesses at 1325-1329 S. 70th St., West Allis.
The West Allis Common Council on Tuesday approved allowing the businesses to use city right-of-way for the 500 square-foot patio dining area they requested.
City blessings did not come without some dissent, however.
Alderman Gary Barczak cast the lone vote against the plan because he said it sets a bad precedent. Not only is the city allowing businesses to use city land but it is getting nothing in return, he said. However, Barczak emphasized that he likes the businesses' plan for a patio, but just objects to using city right-of-way.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police called when man yells at neighbor about his 'contaminated' water
- Greenfield fire destroys garage, caused about $100,000 in damage
- Two suspects sought in Greenfield gas station burglary
- Police report: April 22
- Alternative sought to road work borrowing
- Man charged with ninth drunken driving offense after road rage incident
- Murals created from colorful bottle caps at Edgerton Elementary
- 'Mount Stallis' rises in West Allis