The door is now open for outdoor dining at Boz's Sports Bar and the Gourmet Cheesecake Shoppe, neighboring businesses at 1325-1329 S. 70th St., West Allis.
The West Allis Common Council on Tuesday approved allowing the businesses to use city right-of-way for the 500 square-foot patio dining area they requested.
City blessings did not come without some dissent, however.
Alderman Gary Barczak cast the lone vote against the plan because he said it sets a bad precedent. Not only is the city allowing businesses to use city land but it is getting nothing in return, he said. However, Barczak emphasized that he likes the businesses' plan for a patio, but just objects to using city right-of-way.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police warn couple of misuse of 911 after they argued with each other
- Greenfield mayor vetoes overflow lot for mosque
- City considers parking bans
- Whitnall will survey residents to help in some costly school project choices
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Greenfield children have new spot to play
- Whitnall School District continues to 'exceed expectations'
- Police called when man urinates himself while sleeping in movie theater
- Al-Huda mosque's parking lot in Greenfield under scrutiny; neighbors do not want it to expand
- Al-Huda mosque’s gravel parking lot in Greenfield can remain in use for now: Al-Huda mosque's gravel parking lot can remain in use for now