The door is now open for outdoor dining at Boz's Sports Bar and the Gourmet Cheesecake Shoppe, neighboring businesses at 1325-1329 S. 70th St., West Allis.
The West Allis Common Council on Tuesday approved allowing the businesses to use city right-of-way for the 500 square-foot patio dining area they requested.
City blessings did not come without some dissent, however.
Alderman Gary Barczak cast the lone vote against the plan because he said it sets a bad precedent. Not only is the city allowing businesses to use city land but it is getting nothing in return, he said. However, Barczak emphasized that he likes the businesses' plan for a patio, but just objects to using city right-of-way.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mother of 2, day care center director named to Greenfield School Board
- Greenfield police dispatch two coyotes reported as aggressive
- Making way for project, Layton Avenue Baptist Church has new location
- $2 Budget South Cinemas in Greenfield closes as of Monday, Nov. 23 (3)
- Whitnall participates in global education conference in Washington
- Draft ordinance to allow beekeeping in Greenfield clears health board
- Greenfield residents worried about coyotes get reassurance, advice (2)
- Rock band's message to students aimed at kicking pain out of bullying
- After incidents, Greenfield to hold info. meeting on coyote problem (1)
- WaterStone Bank has a Greenfield history wall that's a first for the banking chain.