The door is now open for outdoor dining at Boz's Sports Bar and the Gourmet Cheesecake Shoppe, neighboring businesses at 1325-1329 S. 70th St., West Allis.
The West Allis Common Council on Tuesday approved allowing the businesses to use city right-of-way for the 500 square-foot patio dining area they requested.
City blessings did not come without some dissent, however.
Alderman Gary Barczak cast the lone vote against the plan because he said it sets a bad precedent. Not only is the city allowing businesses to use city land but it is getting nothing in return, he said. However, Barczak emphasized that he likes the businesses' plan for a patio, but just objects to using city right-of-way.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield starts review of proposed 2016 city budget
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Greenfield School Board to fill vacancy by appointment
- Little Free Library in Greenfield gift of love — twice
- Greenfield Police blotter
- Amphitheater plan in Greenfield moves along with help of impact fees
- Attendant to oversee Greenfield solid waste drop-off site (2)
- Ditch won't stop $150 million proposed commercial, residential project in Greenfield
- Partnership buys Barnes & Noble Center in Greenfield
- Ordinance allowing beekeeping to be drafted in Greenfield