The door is now open for outdoor dining at Boz's Sports Bar and the Gourmet Cheesecake Shoppe, neighboring businesses at 1325-1329 S. 70th St., West Allis.
The West Allis Common Council on Tuesday approved allowing the businesses to use city right-of-way for the 500 square-foot patio dining area they requested.
City blessings did not come without some dissent, however.
Alderman Gary Barczak cast the lone vote against the plan because he said it sets a bad precedent. Not only is the city allowing businesses to use city land but it is getting nothing in return, he said. However, Barczak emphasized that he likes the businesses' plan for a patio, but just objects to using city right-of-way.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: March 11
- Eight Greenfield families get hosed by horrid winter weather
- Meijer adds Greenfield to list of possible big-box store sites
- Police Report: March 11
- General election voters guide for Greenfield 2nd Aldermanic District
- Heroic efforts reduce toll of fire in Greenfield
- General election voters guide for Greenfield 1st Aldermanic District
- Man says driver ran over him after angry exchange
- West Allis considers BikeShare program
- West Allis finds parking solution for businesses along detour