The new Greenfield Community Center next to City Hall is slated to celebrate its grand opening from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 9.
The grand opening, which will include a ribbon-cutting ceremony, will be the culmination of months of work to transform the former quarters of the Greenfield Public Library into a community space.
No property tax dollars were used. The transformation was funded through donations and a grant.
Recreation classes are already being held in the new center, 7215 W. Cold Spring Road, and many of those enrolled will perform demonstrations of what they are learning from dance and fitness to painting.
- Greenfield to open amphitheater with proud marches, dancing, bands
- Greenfield Police blotter: June 30, 2016
- Man, 21, charged in fatal accident on 76th Street in Greenfield
- Video: Greenfield going full speed to become its own internet provider
- Road construction to loom large in Greenfield's Fourth of July bash
- Early morning fire destroys garage in Greenfield, spreads to house
- A new Layton Avenue Baptist Church is rising in Greenfield through skill and faith
- Greenfield Police reports: June 16, 2016
- Fire damages garage of Greenfield home
- Charcoal grill tips over, causes fire at Greenfield home (1)