The new Greenfield Community Center next to City Hall is slated to celebrate its grand opening from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 9.
The grand opening, which will include a ribbon-cutting ceremony, will be the culmination of months of work to transform the former quarters of the Greenfield Public Library into a community space.
No property tax dollars were used. The transformation was funded through donations and a grant.
Recreation classes are already being held in the new center, 7215 W. Cold Spring Road, and many of those enrolled will perform demonstrations of what they are learning from dance and fitness to painting.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Veteran's tribute slated for Arlington Park
- Four days of fun, music, food coming to JansenFest in Greenfield (1)
- 30-unit facility for elderly gets nod from Greenfield Plan Commission
- Greenfield to hold public hearing June 16 on proposed Goodwill store (1)
- Greenfield police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- West Allis police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- West Allis veterans groups, city to honor vets with parade, ceremony
- Milwaukee Emergency Center for Animals blood bank filling up in Greenfield
- West Allis Goodwill moves into a larger store