The new Greenfield Community Center next to City Hall is slated to celebrate its grand opening from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 9.
The grand opening, which will include a ribbon-cutting ceremony, will be the culmination of months of work to transform the former quarters of the Greenfield Public Library into a community space.
No property tax dollars were used. The transformation was funded through donations and a grant.
Recreation classes are already being held in the new center, 7215 W. Cold Spring Road, and many of those enrolled will perform demonstrations of what they are learning from dance and fitness to painting.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Neighbors west of proposed Greenfield Meijers fear more traffic
- Action on Greenfield request to take over Kulwicki Park's care delayed
- With video tour, photos: Whitnall nears $29.4 million facilities referendum
- Whitnall School Board incumbents face a 23-year-old challenger
- Waukesha bicycle shop Cyclesmith closes its doors
- 'Plaza Suite' being staged at Greenfield High School
- West Allis police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 19, 2015 issue
- Man injures cop while fleeing drug investigation