Greenfield Fire Fighters Local #1963 has finally found better weather for its Fill the Boot fundraiser for the Muscular Dystrophy Association, twice postponed due to weather.
Local firefighters are collecting money from motorists and pedestrians from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. today and and again Saturday and Tuesday. at Layton Avenue and 76th Street.
With the help of citizens last year, the firefighters raised more than $30,000 for MDA. They hope to raise $35,000 this year. All donations will benefit local MDA clients and help send children and young adults to the MDA summer camp at Camp Lake, fund clinic visits at hospitals and wheelchair repairs.
This year's fundraiser was originally scheduled for ear;y June 7, but excessive heat forced its postponement. Stormy weather from June 20 to 22 forced a second postponement.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- $1.6 million in new taxes could come to Greenfield city and schools (1)
- Greenfield Police blotter
- Major Layton Avenue development in Greenfield rolls forward (1)
- The project SHOW has chosen to sample Greenfield as part of its statewide survey that has been going
- Whitnall School Board chooses facilities advisory committee
- Construction starts for church, community center in Greenfield
- Police release ID of man killed in gunfire
- Greenfield officer involved in shooting
- Greenfield puts restaurant, grocery health inspections online
- New Whitnall Middle School principal is familiar face