Greenfield Fire Fighters Local #1963 has finally found better weather for its Fill the Boot fundraiser for the Muscular Dystrophy Association, twice postponed due to weather.
Local firefighters are collecting money from motorists and pedestrians from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. today and and again Saturday and Tuesday. at Layton Avenue and 76th Street.
With the help of citizens last year, the firefighters raised more than $30,000 for MDA. They hope to raise $35,000 this year. All donations will benefit local MDA clients and help send children and young adults to the MDA summer camp at Camp Lake, fund clinic visits at hospitals and wheelchair repairs.
This year's fundraiser was originally scheduled for ear;y June 7, but excessive heat forced its postponement. Stormy weather from June 20 to 22 forced a second postponement.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cheap I-94 route expensive for West Allis, officials say
- Groundbreaking set for Greenfield Farmers Market
- New Greenfield Farmers Market seeks helping hands
- News & Notes: May 14
- Greenfield Library may be more forgiving when items return damaged
- Police Report: May 14
- Police Notes: May 7
- News & Notes: May 7
- Greenfield Farmers Market gets some expert help for startup
- Whitnall shares WKCE profiency tumble in test results