A woman who told police that her husband was an abusive philanderer was charged Friday with shooting him to death in the living room of the couple's Greenfield home.
Regina Rath, 46, is charged with first-degree reckless homicide, use of a dangerous weapon. If convicted, she faces up to 65 years in prison.
According to a criminal complaint, the woman told police her 46-year-old husband, Vincent Rath, was berating her Wednesday afternoon as she was packing to leave him. She admitted she shot him.
The complaint quotes her telling a detective: "I shot Vince with the gun, I did not mean to kill him, but I did."
Police found the man's body seated in a chair in the couple's home in the 4500 W. Morgan Ave. He had been shot once in the chest.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Former Chapman School in Greenfield now fully demolished
- Video: Bucks' Rim Rockers rock Whitnall HS
- Greenfield park on list of parks not protected from unilateral sale
- Greenfield police take innovative approach to curbing heroin addiction (2)
- Greenfield resident robbed on his doorstep
- Greenfield police blotter: Jan. 28, 2016 (1)
- St. John the Evangelist School to host two open house events
- Greenfield officials clear way for condo project, Chapman development
- Greenfield approves beekeeping measure
- Greenfield development not harmed by loss of nearby medical building