With two candidates filing shortly before last week Tuesday's deadline to run for the Greenfield School Board, a primary election will be needed Feb. 15 in that district as well as in the West Allis-West Milwaukee School District.
Greenfield School Board President Bruce Bailey, 4281 S. 81st St., and board member Donald Almquist, 7029 W. Chapman Ave., will run for re-election against Paul Palama, 4201 S. 64th St.; Russell Spahn, 5340 W. Whitaker Ave.; and Pam Sierzchulski, 7935 W. Cold Spring Road. One candidate will be eliminated in the primary and the other four will go on to the April 5 spring election where voters will fill the two open seats.
In the West Allis-West Milwaukee School District, seven candidates, including two incumbents will run Feb. 15. One will be eliminated and the rest will go on to the spring election.
On the primary ballot will be incumbents Barbara Suleiman, 9734 W. Dakota St., and Jane Edgar, 1449 S. 53rd St., along with Daniel Bailey, 2975 S. 94th St.; James Blask, 2045 S. 104th St., Kristi Bonaparte, 2124 S. 59th St.; Gail Radonski, 7822 W. Manitoba St.; and Len Kopet, 2229 S. 107th St..
On the city side in West Allis, only the office of municipal judge will be filled April 5. Incumbent Paul Murphy will run unopposed.
Municipal: Two aldermanic seats will be on the ballot and both incumbents will run. In District 1, Linda Lubotsky, 4801 W. Howard Ave., will face no challengers. But in District 2 there will be a race between Alderman Thomas Pietrowski, 4801 S. 94th St., and former alderman James Palmar, 5001 S. 68th St.
Whitnall School Board
All three incumbents filed for re-election, along with three newcomers.
The incumbents are Bernard Shaw, 10160 Whitnall Court, Hales Corners; Nancy Zaborowski, 10034 W. Meadow Drive, Greenfield; and T.J. Anderson, 9710 W. Barnard Ave., Greenfield.
The newcomers are Quinten Brunette, 12255 W. Black Oak Drive; Jacob Harycki, 5624 S. 113 St., Hales Corners, and Jon Jones, 6433 S. 122nd St., Franklin.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis police report: May 28, 2015 issue
- Whitnall stages award-winning theater production
- Annual roadwork is full steam ahead in Greenfield and West Allis
- Greenfield police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Veteran's tribute slated for Arlington Park
- Four days of fun, music, food coming to JansenFest in Greenfield (1)
- 30-unit facility for elderly gets nod from Greenfield Plan Commission
- Greenfield to hold public hearing June 16 on proposed Goodwill store (2)
- Greenfield police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- West Allis police report: May 14, 2015 issue