A robbery suspect was injured - and in custody - after leading Greenfield police on a 31-block police chase Monday afternoon.
In a news release, police said they got a call at 3:30 p.m. from an employee of the Golf Galaxy store at 7801 W. Layton Ave., reporting an armed robbery in progress and giving a description of the robber and his vehicle.
Greenfield officers got there immediately but couldn't stop the vehicle as it pulled onto westbound Layton Ave., fleeing at up to 65 m.p.h.
Near S. 108th St., officers boxed in the fleeing vehicle, but it rammed the squad cars and continued north onto 108th for a block before the driver lost control and crashed into a light pole. The driver was then taken into custody, according to the statement.
The man suffered non-life-threatening injuries and was taken to a hospital, the news release said. No other injuries were reported in the robbery and pursuit.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis police report: May 28, 2015 issue
- Whitnall stages award-winning theater production
- Annual roadwork is full steam ahead in Greenfield and West Allis
- Greenfield police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Veteran's tribute slated for Arlington Park
- Four days of fun, music, food coming to JansenFest in Greenfield (1)
- 30-unit facility for elderly gets nod from Greenfield Plan Commission
- Greenfield to hold public hearing June 16 on proposed Goodwill store (2)
- Greenfield police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- West Allis police report: May 14, 2015 issue