A robbery suspect was injured - and in custody - after leading Greenfield police on a 31-block police chase Monday afternoon.
In a news release, police said they got a call at 3:30 p.m. from an employee of the Golf Galaxy store at 7801 W. Layton Ave., reporting an armed robbery in progress and giving a description of the robber and his vehicle.
Greenfield officers got there immediately but couldn't stop the vehicle as it pulled onto westbound Layton Ave., fleeing at up to 65 m.p.h.
Near S. 108th St., officers boxed in the fleeing vehicle, but it rammed the squad cars and continued north onto 108th for a block before the driver lost control and crashed into a light pole. The driver was then taken into custody, according to the statement.
The man suffered non-life-threatening injuries and was taken to a hospital, the news release said. No other injuries were reported in the robbery and pursuit.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cheap I-94 route expensive for West Allis, officials say
- Groundbreaking set for Greenfield Farmers Market
- New Greenfield Farmers Market seeks helping hands
- News & Notes: May 14
- Greenfield Library may be more forgiving when items return damaged
- Police Report: May 14
- Police Notes: May 7
- News & Notes: May 7
- Greenfield Farmers Market gets some expert help for startup
- Whitnall shares WKCE profiency tumble in test results