A robbery suspect was injured - and in custody - after leading Greenfield police on a 31-block police chase Monday afternoon.
In a news release, police said they got a call at 3:30 p.m. from an employee of the Golf Galaxy store at 7801 W. Layton Ave., reporting an armed robbery in progress and giving a description of the robber and his vehicle.
Greenfield officers got there immediately but couldn't stop the vehicle as it pulled onto westbound Layton Ave., fleeing at up to 65 m.p.h.
Near S. 108th St., officers boxed in the fleeing vehicle, but it rammed the squad cars and continued north onto 108th for a block before the driver lost control and crashed into a light pole. The driver was then taken into custody, according to the statement.
The man suffered non-life-threatening injuries and was taken to a hospital, the news release said. No other injuries were reported in the robbery and pursuit.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield School Board nixes funding to explore charter school idea
- Layton Avenue entrance to Greenfield High School among road proposals
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- Whitnall School District makes AP honor roll
- Greenfield council approves 2015 budget after no one speaks at hearing
- Video: Verlo stack of 18 mattresses declared a world record by Guinness
- Verlo customers can use beacon iPad to find products
- Low registrations cause drug, alcohol program postponement at Whitnall
- Charity maintains 'legend' of former Whitnall student
- Greenfield crosses big Loomis threshold with chosen developer