A robbery suspect was injured - and in custody - after leading Greenfield police on a 31-block police chase Monday afternoon.
In a news release, police said they got a call at 3:30 p.m. from an employee of the Golf Galaxy store at 7801 W. Layton Ave., reporting an armed robbery in progress and giving a description of the robber and his vehicle.
Greenfield officers got there immediately but couldn't stop the vehicle as it pulled onto westbound Layton Ave., fleeing at up to 65 m.p.h.
Near S. 108th St., officers boxed in the fleeing vehicle, but it rammed the squad cars and continued north onto 108th for a block before the driver lost control and crashed into a light pole. The driver was then taken into custody, according to the statement.
The man suffered non-life-threatening injuries and was taken to a hospital, the news release said. No other injuries were reported in the robbery and pursuit.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield School Board to fill vacancy by appointment
- Little Free Library in Greenfield gift of love — twice
- Greenfield Police blotter
- Amphitheater plan in Greenfield moves along with help of impact fees
- Attendant to oversee Greenfield solid waste drop-off site (2)
- Ditch won't stop $150 million proposed commercial, residential project in Greenfield
- Partnership buys Barnes & Noble Center in Greenfield
- Ordinance allowing beekeeping to be drafted in Greenfield
- Proposed Greenfield lease of Kulwicki Park not considered Tuesday
- Budget says Greenfield school operations to cost less