A robbery suspect was injured - and in custody - after leading Greenfield police on a 31-block police chase Monday afternoon.
In a news release, police said they got a call at 3:30 p.m. from an employee of the Golf Galaxy store at 7801 W. Layton Ave., reporting an armed robbery in progress and giving a description of the robber and his vehicle.
Greenfield officers got there immediately but couldn't stop the vehicle as it pulled onto westbound Layton Ave., fleeing at up to 65 m.p.h.
Near S. 108th St., officers boxed in the fleeing vehicle, but it rammed the squad cars and continued north onto 108th for a block before the driver lost control and crashed into a light pole. The driver was then taken into custody, according to the statement.
The man suffered non-life-threatening injuries and was taken to a hospital, the news release said. No other injuries were reported in the robbery and pursuit.
- Greenfield unveils inaugural season for new Konkel Park amphitheater
- Greenfield to sell passes for residents not allowed to use dropoff
- Bluemel's Garden & Landscape Center in Greenfield expands with on-site coffee garden
- Greenfield Police blotter: July 21
- St. John the Evangelist Parish to host 49th annual Family Festival (1)
- Greenfield chief meets with President's top advisers in West Wing (1)
- Greenfield Police blotter: July 14, 2016
- Cannon-lover fires eight-gun salute down Greenfield street for Fourth
- Greenfield neighbors roaring about House of Harley's thunder
- Gun, ammunition sales in Greenfield might soon require public hearings