A 20,000-square-foot medical clinic is proposed for what is now a parking lot just north of the Budget Cinema, 4475 S. 108th St.
Igrens Health Care Facilities is the developer, but the structure will be used by Froedtert and the Medical College of Wisconsin.
The proposed clinic is part of Froedtert's and the Medical College's effort to develop a growing network of community-based clinics, according to a report to the Greenfield Plan Commission, which reviewed the proposal Tuesday.
The clinic is expected to open by the middle of next summer.
When it does, it will officially become part of the Greenfield Highlands area. City officials have envisioned the area will one day include a mix of condominiums, single-family homes, retail businesses and a park, but the economic recession has slowed progress.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis police report: June 18, 2015 issue
- Greenfield reschedules hearing on proposed Goodwill on 76th Street
- Whitnall School District facilities advisory committee taking shape
- West Allis police report: June 11, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: June 11, 2015 issue
- Greenfield principal resigning to go to Kettle Moraine schools (1)
- All of Greenfield reading same book on being a civil society
- Greenfield's Loomis Crossing project could reignite under new taxing district
- Greenfield take step toward creating a city center
- Arrests, citations up during 2015 JansenFest