A 20,000-square-foot medical clinic is proposed for what is now a parking lot just north of the Budget Cinema, 4475 S. 108th St.
Igrens Health Care Facilities is the developer, but the structure will be used by Froedtert and the Medical College of Wisconsin.
The proposed clinic is part of Froedtert's and the Medical College's effort to develop a growing network of community-based clinics, according to a report to the Greenfield Plan Commission, which reviewed the proposal Tuesday.
The clinic is expected to open by the middle of next summer.
When it does, it will officially become part of the Greenfield Highlands area. City officials have envisioned the area will one day include a mix of condominiums, single-family homes, retail businesses and a park, but the economic recession has slowed progress.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall-rooted Saturday Detention has schooled itself musically
- Greenfield Common Council allows 33 homes to not hook up to city water
- Not all are happy with Greenfield's plan to build a network of sidewalks
- mw_go_police report_0724
- Vehicle stolen in Franklin used in Greenfield carjacking
- Finale on 4th was not so grand
- Greenfield schools heighten security
- Well owners will not dry up
- Greenfield police report 0630 to 0706