A 20,000-square-foot medical clinic is proposed for what is now a parking lot just north of the Budget Cinema, 4475 S. 108th St.
Igrens Health Care Facilities is the developer, but the structure will be used by Froedtert and the Medical College of Wisconsin.
The proposed clinic is part of Froedtert's and the Medical College's effort to develop a growing network of community-based clinics, according to a report to the Greenfield Plan Commission, which reviewed the proposal Tuesday.
The clinic is expected to open by the middle of next summer.
When it does, it will officially become part of the Greenfield Highlands area. City officials have envisioned the area will one day include a mix of condominiums, single-family homes, retail businesses and a park, but the economic recession has slowed progress.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 30, 2014
- Greenfield takes steps toward taxing district for infrastructure work
- Ball rolling on Loomis Crossing in Greenfield
- Greenfield police report: Oct. 23, 2014
- Hales Corners Eagle Scout's signs point the way at Whitnall Park
- A mother talks of her loss to heroin
- Whitnall High School performs Shakespeare classic with a flare
- Greenfield man charged as part of prescription fraud ring
- Greenfield schools 'right-sizing' enrollment for smaller classes
- Greenfield restricts car sales at homes