Greenfield aldermen on Tuesday passed a resolution asking the state to repeal its smoking ban.
Council members before and after the ban took effect often voiced concern about the ability of the city to enforce the law. They also are worried about the financial burden the ban could have on bar owners.
The resolution passed 3-2, with Aldermen Karl Kastner and Shirley Saryan opposed.
"I feel it is a good thing for our lungs," Saryan said of the statewide ban, which took effect last month.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man says driver ran over him after angry exchange
- West Allis considers BikeShare program
- West Allis finds parking solution for businesses along detour
- Police called in Greenfield neighbor dispute about snow fence
- News & Notes: March 4
- Police Report: March 4
- Greenfield decides against parking ban near mailboxes
- Whitnall panel gets 'ideas,' and prices, for facility fixes in Greenfield and Hales Corners
- Some extra 'Grease' skids onto West Allis and Greenfield stages
- News & Notes: Feb. 25