Greenfield aldermen on Tuesday passed a resolution asking the state to repeal its smoking ban.
Council members before and after the ban took effect often voiced concern about the ability of the city to enforce the law. They also are worried about the financial burden the ban could have on bar owners.
The resolution passed 3-2, with Aldermen Karl Kastner and Shirley Saryan opposed.
"I feel it is a good thing for our lungs," Saryan said of the statewide ban, which took effect last month.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News and Notes
- Greenfield and West Allis plan Memorials for the Day
- Jansen Fest fills another holiday weekend in Greenfield
- Police Report: May 21
- Cheap I-94 route expensive for West Allis, officials say
- Groundbreaking set for Greenfield Farmers Market
- New Greenfield Farmers Market seeks helping hands
- News & Notes: May 14
- Greenfield Library may be more forgiving when items return damaged
- Police Report: May 14