Greenfield aldermen on Tuesday passed a resolution asking the state to repeal its smoking ban.
Council members before and after the ban took effect often voiced concern about the ability of the city to enforce the law. They also are worried about the financial burden the ban could have on bar owners.
The resolution passed 3-2, with Aldermen Karl Kastner and Shirley Saryan opposed.
"I feel it is a good thing for our lungs," Saryan said of the statewide ban, which took effect last month.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: August 21, 2014 issue
- Video: Whitnall launches districtwide iPad initiative
- Meijer gets early nod of approval in Greenfield
- Greenfield police note
- Greenfield police report 0804 to 0810
- Thrift group buys new space; former Greenfield Walmart now home to St. Vincent de Paul Society
- Video: Whitnall preparing to distribute nearly 1,400 iPads across district
- Meijer goes forward with Mount Carmel site in Greenfield
- Greenfield police report: August 7, 2014
- Whitnall Back to School Block Party looking for sponsors, volunteers