Greenfield aldermen on Tuesday passed a resolution asking the state to repeal its smoking ban.
Council members before and after the ban took effect often voiced concern about the ability of the city to enforce the law. They also are worried about the financial burden the ban could have on bar owners.
The resolution passed 3-2, with Aldermen Karl Kastner and Shirley Saryan opposed.
"I feel it is a good thing for our lungs," Saryan said of the statewide ban, which took effect last month.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- With video tour, photos: Whitnall nears $29.4 million facilities referendum
- Whitnall School Board incumbents face a 23-year-old challenger
- Waukesha bicycle shop Cyclesmith closes its doors
- 'Plaza Suite' being staged at Greenfield High School
- West Allis police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: March 19, 2015 issue
- Man injures cop while fleeing drug investigation
- Mequon-Thiensville hires new bus company
- Police briefs: Fender bender and cop fight in Greenfield