Greenfield aldermen on Tuesday passed a resolution asking the state to repeal its smoking ban.
Council members before and after the ban took effect often voiced concern about the ability of the city to enforce the law. They also are worried about the financial burden the ban could have on bar owners.
The resolution passed 3-2, with Aldermen Karl Kastner and Shirley Saryan opposed.
"I feel it is a good thing for our lungs," Saryan said of the statewide ban, which took effect last month.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitnall three-term incumbent won't seek re-election (1)
- News & Notes: Dec. 3
- AT&T's cell tower plan topples for now in Greenfield
- Man tries to scam Greenfield business by claiming to be from We Energies
- Greenfield election filings spark interesting challenge
- Police Report: Dec. 3
- Cell tower won't be built in Greenfield residential neighborhood
- News & Notes: Nov. 26
- Laser tag enthusiast sets his sights on Greenfield site
- Police Report: Nov. 26