Greenfield aldermen on Tuesday passed a resolution asking the state to repeal its smoking ban.
Council members before and after the ban took effect often voiced concern about the ability of the city to enforce the law. They also are worried about the financial burden the ban could have on bar owners.
The resolution passed 3-2, with Aldermen Karl Kastner and Shirley Saryan opposed.
"I feel it is a good thing for our lungs," Saryan said of the statewide ban, which took effect last month.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis police report: June 18, 2015 issue
- Greenfield reschedules hearing on proposed Goodwill on 76th Street
- Whitnall School District facilities advisory committee taking shape
- West Allis police report: June 11, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: June 11, 2015 issue
- Greenfield principal resigning to go to Kettle Moraine schools (1)
- All of Greenfield reading same book on being a civil society
- Greenfield's Loomis Crossing project could reignite under new taxing district
- Greenfield take step toward creating a city center
- Arrests, citations up during 2015 JansenFest