Greenfield aldermen on Tuesday passed a resolution asking the state to repeal its smoking ban.
Council members before and after the ban took effect often voiced concern about the ability of the city to enforce the law. They also are worried about the financial burden the ban could have on bar owners.
The resolution passed 3-2, with Aldermen Karl Kastner and Shirley Saryan opposed.
"I feel it is a good thing for our lungs," Saryan said of the statewide ban, which took effect last month.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield fire destroys garage, caused about $100,000 in damage
- Two suspects sought in Greenfield gas station burglary
- Police report: April 22
- Alternative sought to road work borrowing
- Man charged with ninth drunken driving offense after road rage incident
- Murals created from colorful bottle caps at Edgerton Elementary
- 'Mount Stallis' rises in West Allis
- Police warn man after he enters woman's vehicle, tries to kiss her