Greenfield aldermen on Tuesday passed a resolution asking the state to repeal its smoking ban.
Council members before and after the ban took effect often voiced concern about the ability of the city to enforce the law. They also are worried about the financial burden the ban could have on bar owners.
The resolution passed 3-2, with Aldermen Karl Kastner and Shirley Saryan opposed.
"I feel it is a good thing for our lungs," Saryan said of the statewide ban, which took effect last month.
- Man steals vehicle from business, returns to apply for job
- Light poles, electric wires down after traffic accident in Greenfield
- Dan Jansen Family Festival to bring old favs, new fun to Greenfield
- Greenfield man facing possible charges after threatening women with loaded gun
- High speed pursuit in Greenfield ends in crash in Milwaukee
- Greenfield Police Blotter: May 25, 2016
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Greenfield church to host prom for special needs students; Oconomowoc bank make large donation
- Sign-maker wants Highway 100 on-ramp reopened
- Greenfield Police Blotter: May 19, 2016