Greenfield aldermen on Tuesday passed a resolution asking the state to repeal its smoking ban.
Council members before and after the ban took effect often voiced concern about the ability of the city to enforce the law. They also are worried about the financial burden the ban could have on bar owners.
The resolution passed 3-2, with Aldermen Karl Kastner and Shirley Saryan opposed.
"I feel it is a good thing for our lungs," Saryan said of the statewide ban, which took effect last month.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Public being asked about proposed Highway 100 changes in Greenfield
- Greenfield police investigating armed robbery in parking lot
- Goodwill drops bid to open on 76th Street in Greenfield (1)
- Greenfield faces uphill battle to acquire Kulwicki Park
- Greenfield denies Goodwill store but maybe not for long
- Greenfield Community Youth Theater to debut
- Greenfield police report: July 16
- Major development in Greenfield hits snag (1)
- New St. Vincent de Paul store in Greenfield receives blessing
- Whitnall Middle School principal moves on to Stone Bank School