Greenfield aldermen on Tuesday passed a resolution asking the state to repeal its smoking ban.
Council members before and after the ban took effect often voiced concern about the ability of the city to enforce the law. They also are worried about the financial burden the ban could have on bar owners.
The resolution passed 3-2, with Aldermen Karl Kastner and Shirley Saryan opposed.
"I feel it is a good thing for our lungs," Saryan said of the statewide ban, which took effect last month.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield Common Council hears concerns at Chapman proposal hearing
- Meijer super store wins final Greenfield Common Council approvals
- West Allis police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- Help-plan for Kulwicki Park going back to county with ICC endorsement
- Greenfield panel gives Good Will a cold shoulder (1)
- Animal blood bank in Greenfield needs more dog and cat donors to keep all pets healthy
- Greenfield vet clinic calls for blood donations from dogs
- Whitnall ponders: What's next? Moving on in the face of failed referendum
- Gadgets don't stay broken at this shop