Greenfield aldermen on Tuesday passed a resolution asking the state to repeal its smoking ban.
Council members before and after the ban took effect often voiced concern about the ability of the city to enforce the law. They also are worried about the financial burden the ban could have on bar owners.
The resolution passed 3-2, with Aldermen Karl Kastner and Shirley Saryan opposed.
"I feel it is a good thing for our lungs," Saryan said of the statewide ban, which took effect last month.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- National Night Out to be celebrated in Greenfield on Aug. 5
- No more waiting lists for child care at Greenfield schools
- Greenfield schools strive to meet tougher nutrition requirements
- Whitnall-rooted Saturday Detention has schooled itself musically
- Greenfield Common Council allows 33 homes to not hook up to city water
- Not all are happy with Greenfield's plan to build a network of sidewalks
- mw_go_police report_0724
- Vehicle stolen in Franklin used in Greenfield carjacking
- Finale on 4th was not so grand