Greenfield — The Common Council has approved plans for a new Pick 'n Save grocery store at 4279 S. 76th St.
The 81,700-square-foot store will be smaller than the roughly 90,000-square-foot Pick 'n Save across the street. That was done mainly for efficiency purposes, city officials said of the plans approved Tuesday.
Strip mall's end
The future Pick 'n Save will be built where a strip mall, in which the main tenant was a long-since-shuttered Sentry Foods, now stands. That strip mall will be torn down, as will two neighboring restaurants - Popeye's and Ponderosa.
The new owners of the strip mall are assisting the other existing tenants, Sun's Family Dry Cleaners and Castillo's Family Restaurant, to relocate. The Blockbuster on that site, which is separate from the strip mall, will stay.
No plans for old site
The old Pick 'n Save, meanwhile, will close when the new one opens next year. The store, 4200 S. 76th St., is located in Spring Mall across the street.
No plans on the future of that old store, part of the Spring Mall, have yet come forward. Other tenants of Spring Mall include T.J. Maxx and Walgreens.
- Greenfield to sell passes for residents not allowed to use drop-off
- Bluemel's Garden & Landscape Center in Greenfield expands with on-site coffee garden
- Greenfield Police blotter: July 21
- St. John the Evangelist Parish to host 49th annual Family Festival (1)
- Greenfield chief meets with President's top advisers in West Wing (1)
- Greenfield Police blotter: July 14, 2016
- Cannon-lover fires eight-gun salute down Greenfield street for Fourth
- Greenfield neighbors roaring about House of Harley's thunder
- Gun, ammunition sales in Greenfield might soon require public hearings
- Greenfield to open amphitheater with proud marches, dancing, bands