· The following graduates earned bachelor's degrees or other degrees as noted at Carroll University in Waukesha in December: from Greenfield — Amy Pluskota, history, David Emanuele, business administration, Allison Levra, biology, magna cum laude, and Melinda Schmear, exercise science; and from West Allis — Shalice Borowicz, psychology, Amberly Branum, public health, Andrew Campbell, master's of business administration, Jessica Shaw Coons, biology, and Thomas Fleming, elementary educational studies.
· The following graduates earned bachelor's degrees, or other degrees as noted, at Concordia University in Mequon in December: from Greenfield — Marco Briceno, master's of business, Rebecca Dietsche, nursing, and Crystal Sanchez-Buitrago, health care management; and from West Allis — Jacob Burkee, master's of school counsel, Brian Gottschalk, master's of teaching & learning, Bree Johns-Konkol, management of criminal justice, Dewanda Robinson, health care management.
· The following graduates earned bachelor's degrees, or other degrees as noted, at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in December: from Greenfield — Kevin Michael Hanneken, biology with distinction, Juliana Marie Hermann, business and finance; Ashton E Rollings, biology with distinction, Kendall Ann Schmidt, engineering with highest distinction, Bryan Michael Stave, accounting and finance, and Ashley Elizabeth Toy, journalism with distinction; and from West Allis — Ryan Mark Berezowitz, soil science, Joshua Paul Gardner, engineering, Sean Joseph Kelly, engineering, and Danielle Elizabeth Otto, theatre and drama.
· West Allis Central High School salutatorian Samantha Molina was one of 30 students to receive the $2,000 Ronald McDonald House Charities Scholarship in 2013.
· A team of students from Greenfield High School including Srinidhi Emkay, Philip Nguyen and Touger Vang won second place at the Junior Achievement annual JA Business Challenge. In addition to earning $750 scholarships, they will advance to the Statewide JA Business Challenge on May 1.
· A team of students from Greenfield High School including Hamzah Mirza, Collin Kufahl and Hannan Mirza won third place at the Junior Achievement annual JA Business Challenge. In addition to earning $750 scholarships, they will advance to the Statewide JA Business Challenge on May 1.
· The following graduates earned bachelor's degrees, or other degrees as noted, at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire in December: from Greenfield — Jennifer Brey, psychology; and from West Allis — Krystle Kaifesh, school psychology, and Terry Yoon, marketing.
·Kayleigh McMahon Norton of Greenfield and Lauren Rosa of West Allis made the fall semester dean's list at the University of Iowa.
·Lauren Ellison and Lizzy Frank, sixth grade students at Whitnall Middle School in Greenfield, won the grand prize and a second place award, respectively, in the WAFS annual "fire and burn prevention poster contest" in a ceremony at the school Feb. 13.
· Navy Seaman Christian Pena of Greenfield completed U.S. Navy basic training at Recruit Training Command, Great Lakes, Ill.
· Air Force Airman 1st Class Kristina M. Stubbe of West Allis graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio, Texas.
· Air Force Airman Taylor A. Manz of West Allis graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio, Texas.
· Air Force Staff Sgt. Nathan T. Sullivan of West Allis is one of about 120 Navy and Air National Guard medical professionals providing medical, dental and optometry care to area residents of Abbeville, La., during exercise "Cajun Care." More than 2,000 people are expected to receive care here, where the military has set up in a former nursing home. A Department of Defense-sponsored program called Innovative Readiness Training, Cajun Care is designed to provide U.S. military medical professionals valuable training as well as provide health care options to a medically underserved community. Sullivan is an aerospace medical technician assigned to the 115th Medical Group, Truax Field, Madison, and has 10 years of military service.
· Navy Seaman Halie L. Nowak of West Allis completed U.S. Navy basic training at Recruit Training Command, Great Lakes, Ill.
·Monica Baker has been promoted to chief brand officer at PyraMax Bank in Greenfield. She has worked with PyraMax Bank for more than 20 years and has a wealth of knowledge in human resources, marketing and retail lending.
- Celebrations: June 5, 2014
- Celebrations: May 29
- Celebrations: April 24
- Celebrations: April 1
- Celebrations: March 27
- Celebrations: Feb. 20
- Celebrations: Jan. 2
- Celebrations: Nov. 14
- Celebrations: Oct. 14
- Celebrations: Sept. 12
- Celebrations: Sept. 5
- Celebrations: Aug. 22
- Celebrations: Aug. 1
- Celebrations: July 18
- Celebrations: July 11
- Celebrations: June 27
- Celebrations: June 20
- Celebrations: June 6