Staff members from the Greenfield Public Library will write about recent developments at the library, staff book recommendations, new materials, updates on the new library, upcoming events and programs, and highlights of specific collections. For more information about the Greenfield Public Library, check out our web site.
Welcome Greenfield Public Library Patrons.
The following are some activities planned for next week. Just remember that all performance are free and require no registration. Simply come in and have a good time.
Doug the Jug’s Juggling Extravaganza – Monday, June 24 at 1:30pm
Come and watch “Doug the Jug” perform a humorous juggling extravaganza for children of all ages. Will he bring the chainsaws? We can only hope. Come down for some juggling action.
Family Movie – Tuesday, June 25 at 2:00pm
Every Tuesday through July 30 in the Community Room, Greenfield Library shows a film that the entire family can enjoy. All movies are Rated G or PG and are fun for the whole family. Snacks will be served in the cool, air-conditioned room, making movie viewing time a relaxing experience. For a list of movies, come to the event or ask at the Children’s Reference Desk.
Library “Minute to Win It” – Teen Program - Wednesday, June 26 at 2:00pm
Are you up to the task? Are you willing to put your body through some of the most strenuous activity that it can bear for sixty seconds? If you are, and also a teen, compete with other teens to successfully complete assigned challenges in just one minute. Prizes will be awarded to all Library Minute to Win It champions.
Stories in the Garden with Mr. Mark – Thursday, June 27 at 6:30pm
Meet up with Mr. Mark to hear some great stories in our Library’s Children’s Garden, weather permitting. Will it be a garden party? Most likely. Will it rain? We hope not.
COUNTYCAT MOBILE APP
The all new CountyCat Mobile is a service for mobile devices that allows you to search the catalog, maintain your account and get information from the public libraries in the system while on the go.
To get started using CountyCat Mobile, point your browser device to http://m.mcfls.org/ or search for “CountyCat” in your app store or app marketplace. CountyCat Mobile works on all web-enabled phones and include apps for Apple, Android and Blackberry devices, among others.
With the CountyCat Mobile App, you can:
· *SEARCH the CountyCat catalog. Start typing in your search and results will start appearing immediately (similar to Google autocomplete).
· *PLACE HOLDS on titles directly from your mobile device. Manage your existing holds and renew items.
· *Find HOURS AND LOCATION INFORMATION for all public libraries in Milwaukee County and find the nearest library at your current location.
· *Connect to OVERDRIVE eBOOKS AND AUDIOBOOKS. Check out and download OverDrive ePub and MP3 titles directly to your advice.
· *Use the BookLook feature to SCAN ISBN CODES ON ANY BOOK and see if the library has the title.
· *FIND EVENTS taking place at libraries across Milwaukee County.
· *See NEW MATERIALS that have been recently added to the collection.
· *Find out what your library is posting on FACEBOOK AND TWITTER.
Check it out and keep updated with the CountyCat Mobile App.
GREENFIELD PUBLIC LIBRARY DONATION ACCEPTANCE POLICY
Greenfield Library welcomes your donations of:
· *Hardcover fiction and non-fiction (published within the last 10 years)
· *Soft-cover fiction and non-fiction (published within the last 10 years)
· *Music CDs
· *Audio books on CD
· *Travel books (published within the last 5 years)
· *Children’s games (complete and in good condition)
The Library does not accept the following materials:
· *VHS tapes
· *Audio cassette tapes
· *Harlequin romance type paperbacks
· *Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
· *Directories or telephone books
· *LP records
Donated materials must be in good condition. We cannot accept materials that have mildew or mold, a smoky or musty smell, or are otherwise in poor condition. Donated materials will be added to the Library’s collection or sold to benefit the Library.
If you have any questions, please contact the Library’s Circulation Desk at 414-321-9595 x112.
That’s it for the shortened blog this week. Please come to GPL and join in the Summer Reading fun!